Upgrade slot
Donate

Broken Sounds after updating

Grze5

I update my game, and now my sounds are broken.
I try use this cmd:
snd_updateaudiocache
snd_rebuildaudiocache
which working last time when sounds was broken, but this time not.
I updated games twice, verify game and still the same.

I change that command in config and autoexec, but when i run the game its still 0.025.
I must change it manually forever ? It`s any way to change it automaticly ?

Seems like that config overrides autoexec or some kind of bug like that. I had a same issue when I tried to change viewmodel preset by command. you can try by removing the whole snd_mixahead command from the config and let it run by autoexec then see if it will reset in game or as an extreme measure bind a key to load autoexec everytime you run the game or just write/load it until a fix is found. I tested mine and checked in game, it doesn't reset actually, even though in the update it's mentioned that it "forces" these values as defaults. Another solution maybe could be back up your config/autoexec, delete them, start the game and the restart it with your autoexec file in folder.

I had the same issue a while ago
I changed Stereo Headphones HRTV to Stereo Headphones in audio options and it fixed it

force default does only mean it overwrites this value after you update the game to the new default value. if you change the value afterwards it should be automatically saved in your config

Back