Help CS:GO won't launch after pressing play (Common unsolved problem)

NikolaTeslaXI

***I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS A LAUNCHER PROBLEM OR A PROBLEM WITH CS:GO ITSELF***

To start off, I have done all of the following -
* Uninstalled, then reinstalled all recommended drivers such as DirectX, Graphics Drivers, ETC.
* Disabled all Anti Viruses (Including Windows defender)
* Disabled Firewall
* Ran program as admin
* Reinstalled, then deleted, then reinstalled multiple times
* Updated & Verified the game countless times
* Restarted computer

My PC setup -
Intel i5 6600k
Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
16gb ram
Windows 10 professional

Debugging the issue -
I realize listing all of these is no use if there is no way to know what is causing this, But I have noticed when I open task manager then launch csgo I see csgo pop up for 3-5 seconds and then disappears, No crash error, No nothing. It typically goes to about ~94mb of Memory before crashing. This only seems to happen on this computer as I tried it on my OLD windows 7 computer and Warzone & csgo booted like a charm although it was slow as it was an old pc. Maybe this is a Windows 10 problem? Although I'm pretty sure I've gotten warzone to work on this pc before. Any help will be appreciated, but please don't just say the same uneducated thing such as "reinstall drivers noob", I've tried more times than I can count, & I'm pretty sure this problem is much more complicated than that anyways.
(I've probably seen a dozen posts about this and non of them have been solved)
(Also I should add regular CS:GO on steam starts normally, no issues)

Last edited by a moderator:
same for me i need help too
1522289607908.png
when i press play the cursor spins or few seconds and then comes a notice from my antivirus sayin
we quarntined a threat
will disabling my antivrus will solve this?
PLEASE HEP ME.....

1522324159027.png
the highlighted file des not seem to be the real one i think the game was a 3 gb file think....PLEASE GUIDE....

Same issue here mate!
If anyone have solution please post it. I posted a thread but its not showing on the forum now.
Regards,

Yeah, i've got the same issue, i press play and see the loading circle next to my mouse, then it suddenly dissapears, hope this gets fixed soon :/

Yeah, i've got the same issue, i press play and see the loading circle next to my mouse, then it suddenly dissapears, hope this gets fixed soon :/
aye ..not only my mouse circled along with cursosr and all that
But my antivirus gave a false positive sayin they quarantined some threat and they show me the path and regisrty and all
i have been told by atino to disable anti and firewall both then it wud work
guess imma try it soon

Guys it is confirmed issue with Windows 10. Not only with CS:GO but many other games too. Only option to play the game is to downgrade your system to Windows 8.1 or less :troll:
Damn I am using office laptop and it was only entertainment for me :copas:

Having the same problem in windows 10 pro latest version TODAY may 18. I also try to play the game in my other laptop (same spec, but it has windows 10 home) I copied the folder from this laptop and used the exact same folder to play the game in the Windows 10 home laptop and it runs without problems. I've tried almost everything. still can't make CS GO warzone runs in this laptop. Please help :(

i have same problem , windows 7

csgo.exe has stopped working , when click play

I have Windows 10 Pro and I'm getting the same error, I press play, my cursor spins and then nothing happens, I have tried letting it sit overnight. But no luck I really hope this gets fixed soon.

I have the same problem with windows 7 32 bit so,any solution?