Upgrade slot
Donate

Help Game crashing before I get to pick a team

Xilekai

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Every single time I load into a server (including one I spent hours on last night!) I'll get to the team select menu for a split second and even hear any and all audio on the server.

However, it'll all cut off, freeze, and then instantly crash. I honestly have no clue what the issue is because I even downloaded the most recent items file.

Plus there's clearly no other update since it worked fine last night. On top of this, any server I connect to whatsoever (including my own) None of the skins work despite the fact that my INI file as it set to how it SHOULD be.

I also don't think I can conceivably get console output since the entire game just crashes without displaying hl2 has stopped working.

GTX 1060
i5-8400
8 gigs of ram
Running on a terabyte hard drive

I then made the mistake of hitting verify, and I lost all my custom items again. God I love this game.

I've also made it a point to disable my anti-virus and firewall temporarily just to see if it's the issue. Doesn't seem to have helped

It's specifically occurring on the OaO Dust 2 servers. Doesn't matter which one. I just cannot stay in them despite the fact that I did just that yesterday

I even managed to fix it yesterday with a few launch commands, but now it's broken again since the game updated. Why the fuck does this keep breaking

Back